Renew your Smile with Dental Implants in Brandon, Florida
YOUR SMILE IS PART OF who you are — it’s part of your identity. Research shows a bright smile can positively impact your social life, professional life, and, most importantly, your mental and emotional well-being. Not only that, your smile is usually the first thing that people see about you. It’s no question that a great smile is a huge asset.
We all know that looking good makes us feel good inside. Feeling good inside benefits how we interact with others and our feelings of self-worth. The ability to show a full smile when we meet someone, whether at a job interview or a first date, should not be underestimated.
Today’s dentistry is incredible. Tooth decay, accidents, or injuries that once would have left someone with a gap in their smile, can now be treated to look brand new with dental implant treatments. In many cases, friends and family don’t notice that there has been any tooth loss. Today, dental implants are the gold standard for tooth replacement.
Are Implants Better than False Teeth?
Removable dentures have been a solution for missing teeth for centuries (read more about it here), but they have a few notable flaws. Besides the uncomfortable adhesive glues, they usually make talking and eating awkward and difficult.
When we use our natural teeth to chew, it stimulates the jaw bone and keeps it strong. Dentures do not provide this stimulation, resulting in bone loss in the jaw. This leads to the dentures not fitting very well, so they can slip and fall out easily.
On the other hand, implants are placed directly into the jawbone and function the same way as the natural teeth roots (click here for more info). Implants significantly reduce the risk of bone loss. They won’t slip and slide while you’re trying to chew your food or are engaging in a conversation. You can even brush them the same way as regular teeth!
What are the Different Types of Dental Implants?
Dental Implants and replacement teeth come in several different types, depending on the needs and budget of the individual patient. Click here.
- Endosteal implants – Are titanium posts inserted into the jaw through surgery. Once healed, a second surgery follows, and a crown is placed.
- Subperiosteal implants – Consist of metal frames that are placed between the jawbone and the gum tissue. Posts attach to this framework and protrude through the gums so that crowns can be attached.
- All-on-4 dental implants – Are four small titanium screws placed into the jaw, which replace the roots of the missing teeth. A crown is connected, resulting in very real-looking functional teeth.
- Implant Overdentures – Placed on top of implants which can add stability. The benefits include an easier time chewing foods, improved speech, minimized discomfort, no more denture adhesives, and often existing dentures can be used.
- Implant-supported bridges – The best option when one or more teeth are missing, if you don’t have enough jawbone to support an implant, or if a nerve is nearby.
If you are interested in learning more about our implant procedure treatment plans, contact us at our dental office, Dr John Cherry DMD, in Brandon, Florida. We look forward to helping bring back your smile.