COMPLETE DENTAL IMPLANT CARE FROM OUR EXPERIENCED DENTIST
John M. Cherry Jr. | Dentist in Brandon, FL
Are you living in Brandon, Florida, dealing with the frustration of a missing tooth? You’re not alone; over 178 million Americans share your predicament. The consequences of missing teeth can be more than just cosmetic; they can lead to bone loss in your jaw and a host of other issues, including shifting teeth, an improper bite, and even systemic health problems.
But there’s good news. Your dentist in Brandon, Florida, Dr. John M. Cherry Jr., is your trusted expert in dental implants, offering a range of solutions, including single tooth replacements, multiple teeth replacements, and full arch replacements, also known as implant-supported dentures. Dr. Cherry is here to help you regain your complete smile and maintain your overall health.
Why Choose Dental Implants in Brandon, FL?
The benefits of opting for dental implants are numerous and far-reaching:
- Improved Appearance and Confidence: Dental implants seamlessly blend with your natural teeth, providing a confident smile and boosting your overall self-esteem.
- Enhanced Speech and Eating: Unlike dentures, dental implants stay firmly in place, ensuring clear speech and the ability to eat any food you desire.
- Comfort and Convenience: Say goodbye to the embarrassment of removable dentures and the need for messy adhesives to hold them in place.
- Enhanced Oral and Systemic Health: Dental implants don’t rely on neighboring teeth for support, as traditional tooth-supported bridges do. This preserves the integrity of your original teeth and promotes long-term oral and systemic health.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, providing a long-term solution for tooth loss.
- Prevents Bone Loss and Protects Existing Teeth: By replacing the missing tooth’s root with an implant, the jawbone continues to receive stimulation, preventing bone loss and the shifting of remaining teeth.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are cutting-edge tooth replacement options that resemble natural teeth in both look and function. They consist of titanium rods surgically inserted into your jaw, serving as artificial roots for replacement teeth.
The advantages of dental implants over crowns, bridges, and dentures are clear. They have become the gold standard for tooth replacement due to their natural look and functionality.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
To be a candidate for dental implants, you need sufficient bone in your jaw to support the implant. If additional bone is required, bone grafting can supplement the necessary support. Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple missing teeth, or an entire arch of teeth.
The dental implant surgical procedure typically involves three main stages:
- Titanium Implant Rod Placement: This rod is inserted into the bone socket where the tooth is missing.
- Abutment Attachment: An abutment is attached to the implant rod to provide a base for the new crown.
- Custom Crown: A natural-looking, custom-made crown is designed to match your other teeth seamlessly.
The implant placement procedure is conducted with minimal discomfort, thanks to local anesthesia or IV sedation administered by your dentist in Brandon, FL, Dr. John Cherry. A small incision is made in the gums to place the tooth root implant into the jawbone, followed by closing the gums over the implant for healing.
The essential process of osseointegration begins when your bone bonds with the rod, creating a solid anchor for your new teeth. This healing process typically takes two to six months, allowing time for the implant to integrate with the jawbone fully.
Dr. John Cherry will determine when it’s time to move forward. In cases where more time is needed, a temporary crown may be attached to allow you to eat and speak normally while you wait for the final restoration.
Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, the abutment is attached to the implant post, serving as the foundation for the new crown. The crown is custom-crafted to match your natural teeth for a seamless, natural look, making it difficult for friends and family to detect that you’ve had dental work done.
Dr. Cherry offers many options in dental implants: