At the dentist office of Dr. John M. Cherry, Jr., DMD in Brandon, FL, we strongly believe in using advanced technology because our patients are entitled to the most comfortable, safe, and effective treatments available today. Whether you’re visiting us for a dental cleaning, examination, or one of our many other dental services, we will use the latest in dental technology to help ensure your ultimate satisfaction. Dr. Cherry is dedicated to upholding the highest of standards in patient care and satisfaction for patients in and near Brandon, FL.
Technologies at Dr. John M. Cherry, Jr., DMD
- Cone-Beam 3D Imaging: A cone-beam CT creates a 3D view and cross-sections of the target area. The information it provides is critical for a number of situations, including placing dental implants, performing a complex root canal or extraction, or searching for the source of pain or infection.
- Dexis Carivu™: CariVu is a portable device that detects any cracks and lesions resulting from decay by bathing the tooth in safe light near the infrared spectrum. Tooth enamel appears translucent in the images it takes, but decay shows up as dark patches.
- Digital X-rays: Film X-rays cost a bit less than digital X-rays but the increased exposure to film X-rays is more harmful to a patient’s overall health. Our digital X-ray emits as much as 85 percent less radiation than traditional X-ray technology.
- Intraoral Camera Technology: An intraoral camera is a small, pen-like device with a camera on the end. The camera contains a bright LED which helps us diagnose cavities or fractures that are difficult to see with the naked eye.
- Laser Therapy: Gum disease has also been found, in some studies, to increase the likelihood of several serious diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and respiratory disease. Modern dentistry has found that lasers can be very effective in treating gum disease.
- Ultrasonics: Ultrasonics are instruments that use sonic energy to clean debris, remove posts, and apicoectomies. These instruments have smaller tips that allow us to clean away tartar from around and between teeth and beneath the gum line with greater precision, giving patients better results.
Cutting-Edge Dental Treatment At Dr. John M. Cherry, Jr., DMD
At Dr. John M. Cherry, Jr., DMD, we are passionate about our patients. We are uncompromising in our technology, your comfort, and in the quality of our work. Whether your dental needs are simple or complex, Dr. Cherry is qualified and our experienced team is here to make sure you feel safe. Come and enjoy dental care at a Brandon dental office unlike anything you have ever experienced!
Here at Dr. John M. Cherry, Jr., DMD, we’re excited to have these technologies in our office. If you have any questions about our technologies, don’t hesitate to ask. Bring it up in your next dentist visit or call us at (813)603-5223. You can learn more about us from our business page, and make sure to check for directions before you head our way!