A Thorough Cleaning To Get Your Dental Health Back On Track
How Dr. John M. Cherry, DMD Helps Combat Gum DiseaseHave you been diagnosed with gum disease? Concerned? Don’t be. We can help. With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance, we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile. Depending on your individual condition and needs, Dr. may recommend a treatment that’s known by several different names, such as root planing and scaling, periodontal cleaning, or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too “set-in” to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums and continue to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gum line using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.