Another year is quickly coming to a close. And we all know what that means; an exciting time for change and resolutions. But this year, why not consider improving your oral health in 2022?
New Year’s resolutions for oral health are relatively simple. They can go a long way in giving you a brighter, healthier smile. Read on to learn some of the best ways to improve your oral health in the New Year.
Dental Care Resolutions for Better Oral Health
Your oral health plays a leading role in overall health and is fundamental to long-term wellness. As you write down your New Year’s resolutions, consider some oral health resolutions to add to the other health goals. Besides, oral health and overall health go hand in hand. Read below to know Dr. John D Cherry, your dentist in Brandon, Florida, top priorities for the upcoming year.
- Flossing is a priority: Daily flossing helps prevent bad breath, gum disease, and tooth decay. No question, brushing every day helps prevent cavities on the surfaces of your teeth. But flossing prevents cavities by cleaning the hard-to-reach areas in your mouth.
- 6-month Check-ups: According to the American Dental Association (ADA), you should get your teeth cleaned and examined every six months. Once plaque transforms into tartar, dental professionals can only remove it. A check-up every six months allows Dr. John D. Cherry to address any serious issues before they become detrimental to your dental health.
- Eat more healthy foods: We all know that eating fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and legumes, improves the body’s ability to fight inflammation. Phosphorus from proteins can help strengthen teeth. High fiber foods can increase saliva production to remove plaque. Healthy nutrition can also freshen breath and naturally clean plaque from teeth.
- Set a timer: It’s crucial to brush morning and night for two minutes each time to remove plaque successfully. When you brush your teeth, remember to position the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle toward the gum line for those hard-to-reach areas.
- Stop smoking: What better time than the New Year to quit tobacco use. Your overall health will benefit, and your teeth will thank you.
Visit Your Dental Practice
When it comes to keeping optimal oral health, your dentist in Brandon, Florida, knows what’s best. We can screen for oral health issues and even help prevent oral diseases from developing. We are committed to monitoring oral cavities and developing treatment plans tailored to your needs.
Are you ready to boost your oral health care routine this year? Contact Dr. John D Cherry, your dentist in Brandon, Florida, to schedule an appointment. We are committed to serving each of our patients with the highest quality dental services with the ultimate patient comfort.
We offer a wide range of dentistry services such as cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, and dental implants. We provide compassionate dentistry for the whole family. We even are available as an emergency dentist if an accident should occur. We are excited to help you reach your New Year’s resolutions and wish you optimal health in 2022!